Nutrition and lifestyle approaches to healthcare have been repeatedly shown to support the health of all the major systems of the body: skeletal, muscular, nervous, respiratory, cardiovascular, digestive, excretory, endocrine, immune, reproductive and integumentary (skin, hair, nails).
Typical priorities in Nutritional Therapy consultations are to achieve optimum energy levels, healthy blood sugar balance, emotional and psychological wellbeing, optimum digestive health and tolerance to a broad range of food groups.
The Nutritional Therapist’s work starts with a client consultation that involves:
- Detailed Analysis of dietary and nutritional intake
- Detailed Health and family history taken
- A Strategy For Health – linking the symptoms to nutritional imbalances and providing strong and consistent support and encouragement to improve diet and lifestyle.
- Action Plan – personalised advice for diet and lifestyle changes
- Supplement Program – details of any recommended supplements
- The Recommendation of Non-invasive Clinical Tests – if required, to help ascertain and define any suspected underlying imbalances.
Nutritional Therapy can
- Optimise your energy levels
- Help you to adapt to modern lifestyles and pressures
- Optimise and maintain a healthy digestion
- Support a healthy and stable state of mental wellbeing
- Assist in maintaining a healthy blood sugar balance
- Help you to achieve and maintain a healthy body weight and mass
- Promote tolerance to a wide range of foods and environmental challenges
- Support elimination and detoxification pathways in the body
- Provide healthy endocrine support
- Offer individual and personalized health education